Progression of mail management on a Debian box
Published · 1min
- Ah, I just need to deal with local mail, so I’ll have Debian configure Exim for that. After all, it’s already there.
- Huh. Seems I need to send some mail from this box. I’ll have Debian reconfigure Exim to use a smarthost for non-local mail.
- Huh. Seems I need to listen for incoming mail. I’ll just have Debian reconfigure Exim to recieve mail for a bunch of domains and have it deliver to local users.
- Huh. Seems I need to set up some virtual hosting as I need to route email in non-trivial ways. I can’t be that hard…
…three hours pass…
- Aaarrgh! sudo apt install postfix